Discover the wide variety of ministries for children and youth of all ages. As we walk faithfully with young people, our goal is to provide them with an opportunity to know and grow in love with Jesus Christ. At St. Mark, we inspire, affirm, and equip our youth for discipleship and Christian leadership in the church and in the broader community.
We welcome all children to attend our worship services! Children can also attend Sunday school, held during the 10 a.m. service for ages Pre-K through high school. There is a nursery located on the second floor, where infants and toddlers are well cared for during the 10:00 a.m. service.
Youth and Children’s Programs
- Acolytes – Youth are encouraged to participate in worship by leading the processional of ministers at the beginning of each worship service.
- Confirmation Classes – Youth prepare to become full members of the church by participating in a three month long course that teaches Christian history and beliefs.
- Sounds of Judah – Youth choir
- Vacation Bible School – A summer session of learning, crafts and fun for young people.
- Crib Room – Infant and child care during the 10:00 am worship service.
- Liturgical Dancer Ministry (video)
- The Cherubs (Children’s dance team) – ages 5 – 8
- Anointed Steps of Praise – ages 9-12
- Uplifting Praise – ages 13 – 18
- Higher Education/Campus Ministries Facilitates the nurture, support and development of high school and post-secondary students through workshops, worship and various other activities.
- Boy Scouts – Troop 534 “Hey” Provides a character building program for young men that trains them in the responsibilities of citizenship and personal fitness. Meetings are held on Monday evenings. Boy Scout Troop 534 was founded in 1919. The Troop has operated continuously since 1938. For more information, visit Troop534.org.
- Cub Scouts – Provides a positive place where boys can enjoy safe, wholesome activities. Cub Scouting focuses on building character, improving physical fitness, teaching practical skills, and developing a spirit of community service. Cub Scouting is for boys in the first through fifth grades, or 6 to 11 years of age. The Cub Scouts meet on Friday evenings.
- Girl Scouts Programming to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. Girl Scouting helps girls develop their full individual potential; relate to others with increasing understanding, skill, and respect; develop values to guide their actions and provide the foundation for sound decision-making; and contribute to the improvement of society through their abilities, leadership skills, and cooperation with others.
- St. Mark Martial Arts Ministry – Administered by the East Sea Martial Arts, the St. Mark Martial Arts Ministry specializes in instilling respect, self-control, discipline, concentration, focus, confidence, determination, camaraderie and character all within a Christian context.. Learn more on our Facebook page.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship (UMYF) Youth lead governing body that plans youth sponsored activities, service and ministry opportunities. Its goal is to provide leadership and organized skill opportunities to you for long-term success. Youth ages 12 to 18 are invited to participate.